Pages

Mar 20, 2012

Just like Daddy

As Garry and Gavin waited in the preschool hallway for Gavin's class to open, they had the following conversation, which Garry transcribed as soon as he got to work.

Gavin: Dad, I want to give you a hug.

Squatting down I gave him a hug then he promptly sat on my knee.

Gavin: You're like a couch.

Garry: Oh good! Just what I always wanted to be when I grew up, a couch. Are you going to be a couch when you grow up?

Gavin: Yes. A pretend couch.

Garry: What else are you going to be when you grow up?

Gavin: A parent.

Garry: So you're going to be a couch and a parent, anything else?

Gavin: A PRETEND couch, not a real one. And a dad.

Garry: Well a dad is a parent. Are you going to have a job and go to work?

Gavin: Yes, but I don't know what I'm going to do yet. But I'll have to take a mug.

Garry: [laughing] So you'll take a mug to work?

Gavin: Yeah, you always take a mug to work.

Garry: What else will you do?

Gavin: I'll have to use a computer if there is one.

Garry: You're a hoot!

Gavin: Yeah, I like to hoot!

***
Garry then went to work and snapped this photo of his desk, which shows his computer and his giant mug of ice water.  


Gavin wants to grow up to be just like Daddy, which is a pretty great life aspiration if you ask me.

3 comments:

Grandma said...

cute

Colleen said...

hahaha! fantastic!

granny said...

Yup, he has his head on straight.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share