Pages

Mar 19, 2012

Bits of today

Lexi makes her own wardrobe choices.  Need I say more?


I saw these blossoms hanging over a fence near our house and had to stop and take a picture.  Spring: I am soooo ready for you!

 

Daddy is a hero at our house.  When he got home from work, two girls were crying (and amazingly, one of them wasn't me).  Within five minutes he had calmed Lexi and was feeding Kate.  His spoon-becomes-an-airplane routine is top-notch.

 


Then he added missing screws to the new-to-us bike attachment for Gavin.  They took a spin around the cul-de-sac.



After dinner and FHE, as the boys were eating their dessert, I left with Kate in arms to feed her a bottle.  I overheard this conversation, which sprang from me singing the words to Tyler's piano piece, "Once There Was a Princess."

Tyler: That song reminds me of the Knights of the Round Table.

Zach: How many lines of symmetry does a circle have?

Tyler: 360, of course.

Zach: That is correct.

Gavin: Did you say SEXY?  Mom!  Tyler said a bad word!

Tyler: No, I didn't!  I said SIXTY.  S-i-x-t-y, not s-e-x-y.

Mom: What's going on in here? 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three cheers for the trail-a-bike! We LOVE ours! How fun.

And that conversation is hysterical! I am always glad when you write those down - they never disappoint!

Leah said...

Ha, ha that is a bad word at our house too:)

Emma said...

I think your life would make a great sitcom!

Unknown said...

They already made one loosely based on our family. It ran for 9 seasons and was called "Everybody Loves Raymond!"

Johnson Family said...

I agree with the sitcom comment!! I would totally watch it!!!
Also, I had that same attachment last year and it helped Will soooo much. It is great for gross motor skills and it is fun too!!!!

Rob and Marseille said...

bhahaha...the first picture & last story are awesome!

Danielle said...

haha....gavin is one smart kid!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share