Pages

Mar 28, 2012

look at that face



Dear Lexi,

I know you are two and it's your job to be contrary.  I know that this is just a phase, and not all of our days will be ridiculously hard. Giving up naps was such a bad idea, and you just don't know what to do with yourself after about 1:00 p.m. 

So while you are soaking in the tub, cleaning off the pool chlorine and the remnants of your second potty accident in 30 minutes, I'm just going to sit here and breathe deeply and fantasize about eating Oreos.

Maybe we can be friends again after that.

Love,

Mom

3 comments:

Colleen said...

Oh my gosh, it sounds like a scene from one of my days with Luke...but he's 4. Sometimes I have to envision us about 20 years into the future to truly believe that "this too shall pass." :)

Jeff and Lori said...

That face is very familiar, and so is the deep breathing. No nap is the pits!

Melanie said...

That girl reminds me a lot of Karlie. It's a lot of work to have such a busy, and often contrary, 2 yr old! So sad about the naps. I can totally relate!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share