Pages

Mar 1, 2012

THIS is a great day!

Why, you ask?  Well, let me tell you.

First of all, this girl SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!  Gooooo Kate!!!  (Yes, capital letters and multiple exclamation points are definitely warranted.)


Second of all, Lexi's overnight diaper was DRY when she woke up.  And then she used the potty like a big girl and got M&Ms for breakfast.  I've always said this girl would have to potty train herself.  I think she's working on it.  Hallelujah!


Third of all, I went to a temple session with Melissa and Julee, which filled my emotional and spiritual tanks full-to-bursting.  I don't have a picture, but trust me, it was an awesome morning with a couple of my favorite people.  (Even if I don't use caps and !s to describe them.)

Fourth of all, the long awaited appointment with the endocrinologist happened today.  I have to admit that in the days and hours leading up to the visit, I was skeptical.  For so long it has seemed that nothing would--or possibly could--change.  But since talking to Dr. Kerr, I have hope again.  She really listened to me.  We talked about parts of my history that I didn't know were relevant.  And we have a plan.  Part of the plan is drawing new labs (isn't my blood pretty?).



And part of the plan is quitting all my crazy meds and starting from scratch.  I'm so thrilled; that's exactly what I hoped would happen.  For a long time I have wondered if the medicine cocktail was making me sicker.  Now I get to find out.  I am a little nervous about what the labs will reveal and how my body will react to prescription detox, but hopefully the process will bring the answers I have been seeking.

Having HOPE is definitely the best part of this GREAT day.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a day you've needed for a LONG time now! My second daughter potty trained herself. I knew that it would have to be on her time in her way. And that's how it happened in the end. I'm so glad your little one slept--I'm sure that added to the enjoyment of your day. I am SO interested to hear how things progress as you get off your meds. I just feel like I have been in a similar place--so I'm glad to see that you're finally feeling good about the direction things are heading for now.

Colleen said...

That is just wonderful...all of it! I am hopeful for you as well! Your happiness tonight is a bit of sunshine that I needed!

Lars said...

A day all filled with fantastic! Yea for HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, that is just the perfect way to finish off MY day! I have been hoping so hard for good news, or a good feeling, or steps in a good direction, or SOMETHING.

Here's to hope!

Emma said...

That is awesome! Here's to getting some relief, on all counts!

Grandma said...

Yea for everything. Hope is a wonderful thing to have.

Shannon said...

Sometimes the stars align and everything falls into place just when it's needed most. Actually, I know it comes from a loving Heavenly Father, not just aligning constellations, but you get my point. So happy for you!

maynardmoments said...

That picture of Kate was so adorable! I just want to reach through the computer and squish her. I am very glad you have hope and that things are working out. Hooary for happy days!

Jeff and Lori said...

Oh fantastic! So many happy things. You deserve it!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share