Pages

Mar 30, 2012

Top Ten

I don't know why, but I have been constantly nauseated for a couple of months now. Recently I started throwing up again.  I average 5-6 times a week, although on a bad day, it'll happen twice in one day (usually breakfast and dinner).  My local doctor has tested my pancreas and liver, and just today an abdominal ultrasound (liver, kidneys, spleen, gallbladder, pancreas) was totally normal.  No one can account for the nausea and vomiting.  I'm just lucky that way.

Let me just get this out of the way: I'm not pregnant.  But I'll  tell you right now, the memories have come rushing back.  I don't really love re-living various vomiting episodes and related medical care.  I'm ready to move on!  Kate is seven months old, for heaven's sake!  My body can't seem to get with the program.

So tonight, when I threw up my chicken-and-fruit salad from Village Inn, and I was reminded of how much I loathe vomiting lettuce, I started compiling a list of things that are really nasty when regurgitated.  Certainly this a list that ought to be made public.  It will doubtless bless the hearts and minds--yes, even the very lives--of my dear readers and my substantial posterity.  And so I give you:

Heidi's Top Ten Nastiest Things to Throw Up 

10. Bread
9.  Taco Soup
8.  Cantaloupe
7.  Red Robin's Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Wrap
6.  Spaghetti
5.  Granola
4.  Lettuce
3.  Chicken
2.  Rice
1.  Popcorn

Did I miss anything?

I have to say that mint chocolate chip ice cream is probably the most pleasant thing to throw up (especially if recently consumed), but I don't intend to make that kind of Top Ten list.  That would just be gross.

7 comments:

Jill said...

I once threw up beet greens as a child and have never been able to bring myself to eat them since.
Peanut butter, orange juice and fish are also particularly unpleasant in my opinion.
I'm sorry you're going through this and sure hope things get figured out soon because it doesn't sound like fun.
Hang in there!

Melanie said...

I think orange juice would be my #1--actually, orange julius, of which popcorn might be a related offender.

Time to find that switch and TURN IT OFF! I'm sorry the answers are slow in coming. Deliverance, please!

Marcy said...

Heidi-
I have only meet you once and so I will assume that you don't know me (I am friend with Tina Lyon and Jen Preece.) With that said I really enjoy your blog, you make me laugh and feel of Heavenly Fathers Spirit and I want to thanks you for that. and because you lift my spirits I would like to pass on an idea to you. I had a dear friend who had the same symptoms as you are experiencing and found out that she had limes disease. I am not sure if you have been tested for that or not but I hate to hear of your pain and suffering there for I am giving you my 2 cents worth.

Cyri said...

Hahaha! It's unfortunate that you have that list thought. :( My friend swears that grace juice isn't that bad coming up either. That's all she'll drink if she is nauseous. Get feeling better!

Jenny said...

I still cannot eat asiago cheese bagels because of a throwing up episode once. Yick. I'm so sorry that you have such complete knowledge on this topic.

I don't know anything about anything, but could it be an inner ear thing? I've heard that having fluid or issues with your inner ear can cause nausea. I'm sure everybody is full of ideas for you, so take it with a grain of salt, I suppose. And don't throw the salt up, if you can help it.

Colleen said...

Spaghetti is #1 for me, not because I've barfed it, but because I've had to clean up the barfing of it which made me nearly have to barf it. Not pretty. I am so sorry you are having mystery barfing, Heidi! That totally stinks. I hope your body figures itself out soon!!!

Rob and Marseille said...

Gabrielle (lover of ice cream) would add Wendy's frostys. maybe its just a pregnancy thing for her & she'll be able to stomach them after she has the baby, poor thing ;). I'm not sure what would be on my top 10. ask me next time i'm in my first 2 trimesters.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share