Pages

Feb 28, 2012

r.A.n.D.o.M.

Because I have adult-onset ADD and cannot think straight for more than five minutes at a time, I am now sharing the few random thoughts that are rolling around in my brain.

...

Tonight three Cub Scouts were in the back of my van.  They were chatting about the presence or absence of relatives in the city.  Suddenly one boy piped up and said, "Sometimes I don't wear underwear to bed!"  Then my boy said, "How is THAT relevant to our conversation?"

...

Kate has mastered sitting up on her own.  She loves a particular toy that makes music when it is moved.  Today she had her first experience in a restaurant high chair--it was great!  The other night Kate rolled over in her sleep while still in her swaddle wrap.  She is now getting used to her new sleeping arrangement, sans wrap, and we are getting even LESS sleep than usual.

...

Gavin's thumb is healing quite nicely.  He split his lip on Saturday, and we opted to skip stitches.  The injury kind of looks like a healing cold sore.  Today at breakfast Gavin was talking excitedly about going to kindergarten soon.  We had to explain how that isn't happening.  He got sad and said, "Not ever?"  At least we had good news for him there.

...

Zach announced the other day that he loved recess because he could watch/listen to music videos in his classroom.  We were stunned by this revelation.  His teacher got an angry email.  Today Zach reported that computer usage during recess has been banned.  Score one for the parents.  Zach also confessed that he has a crush at school.  Oh, we are not ready for this!

...

Garry has injured his knee.  It's probably an over-use injury (Garry has been training with the Couch-to-5K program), but he's pretty uncomfortable.  I went to the chiropractor with some back pain on Monday, and the doctor told me my symptoms indicated a bulging disc.  He outlawed the treadmill for a while.  I'm hoping a few chiropractic adjustments will help the pain, but if not, I get to have another MRI to see what's going on.  Isn't that lucky?

...

Lexi is...still two.  Never before has our family seen a child with so much drama and so many opinions.  In her view, I'm the "baddest mom ever" (and not in the 1990's bad=awesome sort of way) whenever she doesn't get her way, which is often.  Oh, that girl...

...

In better news, my endocrinologist appointment is in two days.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

granny said...

I love the "how is that relevant to this conversation?" comment. Haha.

Good luck with the appointment. So glad for progress.

Rob and Marseille said...

michael's favorite 2 yr old phrase right now is 'I hate you.' Not necessarily in a mean way, but not what we want to hear, nonetheless.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share