Pages

Oct 9, 2011

Be still

It might be a Mormon cliche' to say, "My heart is full," but as I sit here contemplating my life, that is exactly how I feel.  Full.  There is such joy in happy family relationships, and knowing that temple blessings will keep us together through eternity makes our earthly association that much richer.

Today is Katelyn's blessing day.  It is what some religions would consider a christening. Under the hands of her father and by the authority of the Melchizedek Priesthood, she will receive a name and a blessing.  This is a tradition in which all of our babies have participated and is an event of special joy and rejoicing.  Perhaps that is why, on some of the darkest days of my pregnancy this year, I dreamed of Kate's blessing day.  I imagined the white dress, the company of loved ones, and the power of the priesthood.  The day of which I dreamed is finally here.

Right now the house is quiet.  At 7:09 a.m., everyone is still asleep, which is unusual for this family.  Everyone is exhausted from a super fun two days with grandparents, and there is more to come!  Normally I would feel a lot of stress related to a delayed start to the morning (church starts at 9:00), but I am holding on to the peace in my heart that is best felt in moments of stillness.  This is a joyous day, and I intend to bask in it.

7 comments:

Emma said...

Enjoy having your family there! It is a special day. What a great post!

linda said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great Sunday..

The Wizzle said...

We sure love you guys! I hope that peace and stillness can be held onto. Blessing days always seem to go kind of crazy, at least for me! :) You have definitely earned this beautiful day!

Adri said...

So glad I ran into you after Katelyn's blessing. She looked beautiful! Glad you are enjoying your weekend.

Colleen said...

What a wonderful way to start such a special day! And what wonderful tender thoughts on this very wonderful morning.

Melanie said...

What a blessed gathering. You made it! Carried that baby to term. Blessed her among family and friends, in a ward where most people own a part of Kate's safe arrival. Oh what a day!

Anonymous said...

I totally get your "Heart is Full" feeling. During my darkest days waiting and waiting for Lily--the thing that kept me hopeful and lifted my spirits was picturing our sealing day. I am so happy you had a wonderful day.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share