Pages

Oct 9, 2011

Blessing photos

Kate's blessing day was fantastic.  Twelve hours after the fact, I am still reveling in the happy, peaceful spirit I felt this morning in the stillness.  I had a few frazzled moments before church as the inevitable plans-gone-awry times came, but ultimately the blessing was beautiful and that's all that counts.

I hope I always remember the tender sight of Garry, Gavin, and Lexi sharing their testimonies before the congregation.  Gavin and Lexi needed lots of help, of course, but seeing Garry coach them at the microphone warmed my mother heart.  I am so blessed to call that man and those children mine.

The rest of the day was warm and wonderful, too.  Being surrounded by our out-of-town family is a special treat, and I've been grateful this weekend to create fun memories with them in our home.  I hope to post about all of it soon, but for today I'll just include pictures of Kate in her blessing dress and commemorative photos of her big day.  What a darling!

Before church I snapped a few quick photos.  




Garry did, too.  I had to include the "I'm Number One!" shot.




We snagged a ward member after church to take these:




And one more of sweet baby Kate.  Oh, how we love her!


...

Today's joys:

*Pondering in the stillness this morning
*Reaching a happy milestone
*Hearing the words of Kate's blessing
*Watching my husband and children bear testimony
*Connecting with a friend
*Taking a three-hour nap
*Finding a camera we thought was lost
*Spending time with loved ones
*Playing "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?"
*Singing bedtime songs with Granny

8 comments:

The Wizzle said...

That sure looks like a happy day! <3

David said lots of good times were had deciphering who, exactly, was smarter than a 5th grader.

Jeff and Lori said...

She is beautiful. Sounds like a happy, peaceful day!

yvonne enger said...

All I can say is beautiful.

angiedunn said...

SHE'S PRECIOUS! congratulations. wish i could have been there. ♥

and, your shoes are tdf. :)

Melanie said...

I love that Kate is proclaiming her place in the family, 'I'm #1!'. Way to jockey for position as the baby of the family! :) Love all these pictures! Love the boys untucked shirts after church. Real life--and oh what a life!

cassie kerby said...

Oh your sweet baby looks beautiful! I love her dress. What a fun weekend for you, congratulations again.

Grandma said...

What a precious gift Katelyn is. We're so glad she's here and she's such a beautiful little girl.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and joyous day for you. Love ya my beautiful friend :) Your kiddos are so darling, handsome, precious and you all look SO GOOD! Baby Kate looks so sweet in her gown. <3

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share