Pages

Oct 3, 2011

Kate the Great

Oh, how I adore this little girl!

Things I want to remember about this stage:

*The blue in her eyes popping out
*The dreaded baby zits marring her perfect complexion
*Nursing with her fists balled like she's ready for a fight
*Sleeping well at night, longest stretch always starting around 8:30 p.m.
*Growing out of newborn clothes  
*Playing dress-up every day
*Tentative and infrequent smiles
*Zach and Gavin being bolder in their offers to help and hold her (Zach is sweet and helpful; Gavin is tender but just scary)

A few photos of Miss Kate follow.

This is my favorite baby girl outfit, first modeled in a neutral pose (see the blue eyes?), then an angry pose.




Sleep is a photo-worthy event, as well.  I often check on Kate to find that her burrito wrap has crept up over her face.  She hasn't suffocated yet, but I do worry...


Lexi makes sure that Kate is protected and comforted by the best: Betsy.


I am always trying to capture a grin on camera.  The shots below show off Kate's left dimple.  It has a twin in her right cheek.  I wonder what Kate thinks about the camera flashing in her face.  I guess she'll get used to it.




Kate's blessing day is approaching!  Garry will give our darling daughter a name and a blessing in our ward next Sunday, October 9 at 9:00 a.m.  If you feel at all inclined to join us for this momentous occasion, please know you are most welcome!  We'll have some family in town to help us celebrate, too.

...

Today's joys:

*Remembering it was our day to provide the preschool snack in the absence of a calendar
*Getting a clean bill of health from my OB -- that trial is officially over!
*Realizing that Kate slept seven consecutive hours overnight (from 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.)
*Taking a seriously deep-sleeping nap
*Downloading music for a sacrament meeting piano duet I'm playing with a friend in two weeks
*Reviewing General Conference with the kids for FHE, which was a home run instead of the usual strike-out experience

7 comments:

The Wizzle said...

That's a lot of joy in one day! Kate looks *so* much bigger already. And that is a great little-girl outfit for sure!

I'm so glad David cam come up for the blessing and pay our respects.

Amanda said...

Love the dimple! My youngest has dimples and they kill me EVERY time he smiles! Love it.

Hope you have a GREAT blessing weekend!

Grandma said...

Cute pictures! I can see she is growing already.

Jill said...

Darling dimple!! I'm glad she is such a sweet baby for you. You deserve it after all that you went through. Kate sleeping through the night, a nap AND a successful FHE?! You hit the joy jackpot, my friend. ;)

granny said...

I'm itching to hold that little girl...and to hug all the rest. How I miss them after getting to be with them!

Lindsey L said...

Aw, she looks so inquisive in the first picture! You dress her in the cutest outfits Heidi. She's so adorable!

Colleen said...

I love all those striped baby clothes! And I love the baby stage, the good parts (sweet baby beginning smiles) and the bad (baby acne!).

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share