Pages

Oct 4, 2011

The simple things


Wouldn't you love to be this carefree?  Wouldn't you love to be this delighted by simple things, like jumping on a trampoline scattered with M&Ms?  I am finding that my search for joy is simply an open recognition of my blessings.  Today I'm a step closer to Lexi's infectious enthusiasm for life.

I celebrated my Tuesday by:

Spending the morning in my pajamas.

Rejoicing that my dearest friend has reached her five-year anniversary of being brain-tumor-free.

Watching the golden leaves fall from the tree in my back yard.

Enjoying this video of a 62-years-married couple playing a piano duet.  

Loving this message about joy, peace, and courage.

Sharing some of my surplus with a faraway friend.

Dressing Kate in a rainbow of polka dots.

Teaching Gavin to read in 100 Easy Lessons (we're on lesson 4).

Finding awesome surprises in the mail.


Discovering that my children are all are cavity-free (way to be a big girl, Lex!).


Watching Tyler play soccer.


...

My next act of Joy recognition will be finding my pillow.  I keep thinking the exhaustion will ease, but I am sooooo tired tonight...

3 comments:

Jill said...

I had a similar thought today--that my search for joy is opening my eyes to blessings that have been there all along.
It sounds like your day was filled with joy. Just reading about it made me happy!

granny said...

I think we all need to just look around us and find the joy lurking. Go you.

Colleen said...

I always find myself grinning as I settle my head onto my pillow. It's a good time of day! Joy is definitely more abundant when we can find it in the little things!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share