Pages

Oct 25, 2011

Fall chore

After school today, the kids helped me bag all of the fallen leaves in our yard.  In about an hour we filled sixteen 30-gallon bags.  We also pulled up all the sunflowers (sniff, sniff). After work, Garry winterized the sprinkler system, put away the hose, and covered all the outdoor spigots.


The sky is supposedly going to dump six inches of snow in this part of the country tomorrow.  I'm not ready for winter yet, but at least our yard is braced for snow.
...

Today's joys:

*Working outside with my kids
*Recording Zach and Tyler doing the first installment of "Science Fair Weekly Report"
  (posts to come)
*Doing Hink Pinks during dinner

5 comments:

Rob and Marseille said...

christopher loves raking leaves so much its not a chore- its play. he's always asking to do the neighbor's yard. we won't let him charge money. He also loves shoveling snow! yes! I win! (because I get to sit inside the nice warm house and watch)

Amanda said...

You amaze me with all you're doing! I'm sure it feels wonderful to be up and doing again. I hope the snow is kind to you tomorrow.

BTW--My sister and I had a hink pink texting war a while back. We could only rhyme with the word "shrimp." It was quite fun!

angiedunn said...

seriously, you are amazing to be doing such endeavors, merely weeks after giving birth. go you, girl. tender-ist picture ever. :)

loving your joys. so inspiring.
and seriously need that soup to "get in my bellay" asap.

still loling about your hink pinks email.

thought about you guys coming so soon today! {excited}

Anonymous said...

Would you believe that I had no idea that one's yard needed to be "winterized"? Seriously. It had never occurred to me. There's a whole big, cold world out there that I don't even know about!

(Soup does delish. Going on my next meal plan!)

Colleen said...

I know it's a lot of work, but I sure miss fallen leaves! We have so few and Ben has to search the neighborhood for homes to rake because for some reason he loves it.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share