Pages

Sep 28, 2011

Point of clarification

Sometimes I post something here that is meant to be humorous but comes out whiny or negative.  Often I don't realize this until the consoling comments come (or don't come at all).  Yesterday, for example, was crazy and exhausting, but I actually thought it was a reasonably good day until about six p.m.  I just forgot to mention the good parts.  And I don't resent my family because of the mending they generate; a letter to them just subconsciously formed as sewing hassle #47 cropped up.  I think I just have too many words in my head and too few chances to release them, and the blog becomes a misplaced monologue about whatever is on my mind.

So please accept my apologies for being an annoying blogger.  In the spirit of accentuating the positive, I give you:

Darling Miss Kate at the soccer game.  She is such a sweet, content, beautiful, wonderful baby.


And little Lexi eating with a dinosaur.  She and I are good buddies every morning, and I love being home with my girls.



And Tyler playing the piano.  I'm having so much fun teaching my boys, watching them progress, and playing duets when they have mastered their pieces.



And Gavin asleep with a bear in a tent.  I'm so grateful for the blessings in his life that are helping him grow and change...but still take daily naps.




And Zach in the kitchen.  He really hates doing the dishes (and other chores), but has recently had a total transformation in his general attitude that makes him rather pleasant!  Hooray!



As I told a woman at preschool today (while she scraped her jaw off the floor after hearing I had five kids), family life is great.  It's busy and crazy, but pretty darn great.

8 comments:

Jill said...

Let me set your mind at ease: you, my dear, are not an annoying blogger!! You are honest and open and that is a part of what makes your blog so appealing. After visiting all the seemingly perfect lives of people out their via blogland I find it refreshing to visit your blog and find someone who I can totally relate too. I love reading your posts--the good, bad, happy and sad.

Oh, and for the record I find that picture of Lexi utterly endearing. Sweet girl with the dinosaur. Love it.

Thanks for keeping it real.

Emma said...

You are definitely not an annoying blogger. I know you have lots of posts about how fabulous your family is. So a post about annoyances is more than acceptable. They were pretty funny. I love that you don't leave out the bad (not so great) parts.

The Wizzle said...

Tyler sounds fantastic! That's really great progress. I am literally amazed that you can teach your kids piano. It's SO hard for me to teach them myself, but it's also SO hard to shell out for someone else to do it when I know I am capable and qualified.

Love all the pictures. That one of Kate is sooooo sweet and snuggly.

Melanie said...

Good things at the Bartle house! I'm so glad for all your blessings! Sure miss you!

Collin said...

I think (or hope, rather) people don't always say, "You have FIVE kids!" and mean (are you crazy?). Because usually when people tell me they have five kids, I usually can't help but say, "You have FIVE kids!" but what I mean is (you are amazing). :)

Shannon said...

That't the problem with the written word as opposed to the spoken word. The words you write aren't always interpreted with the voice or intention they were given. I wonder about my own blog and if people realize and hear my sarcasm. Hopefully, or else they might think I am not so nice a mom.

Shaina said...

The life of a mom is always full of highs and lows, and sometimes more of one than the other. When I read your blog, I leave a comment. So you always know if I'm here. My comments aren't subject to content.
Keep on blogging.

Amanda said...

Whenever I read your posts, I'm always amazed at your ability to state what's happening in your family without complaining. Even on the days you've had a frustrating time, I always picture you as finding the joy in that day. You are so good at that! And, when you keep it honest, the rest of us know that we CAN do this! Thanks for sharing openly and lovingly about your family!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share