Pages

Sep 6, 2011

Fun with Dad

The kids were out of school today.  Did you miss the memo that the day after Labor Day is also a holiday?  Me too; I suspect the school district made it up.  Anyway, since I am technically trying to "lay low" and respect my body's healing process, Garry was left to make the kids' holiday one to remember.

So at noon, he and the kids rode bikes to a nearby elementary school for a picnic lunch and some outdoor fun.  It was a cool and blustery day, but the impending storm didn't materialize until evening and the kids had a blast on their little adventure.  While the commemorative photos are awesome, the videos are my favorite.













When the kids rode up to the house two hours later, Gavin and Lexi were grinning from ear to ear.  I asked them, "Did you know that you have the best daddy ever?"  From his seat in the bike trailer, Gavin immediately replied, "Yes!  I DO know that!"  Garry confirmed that Gavin had just said that very thing.  Smart kid!  I'm glad he's grateful.  It was a fun outing!

4 comments:

granny said...

So fun! Garry is the best. I have to admit, the stairs on bikes gave me anxiety. Hahaha.

The Wizzle said...

Oh my gosh, are those stairs designed for riding bikes down them?! They are PERFECT! And I love Lexi's shoes on the wrong feet, Iris always does that. All my kids did, actually! You would think they would get them right at least some of the time, just statistically.

Grandma said...

I also loved Lexi's shoes. I noticed that immediately. I also loved her smile. Wow, Gavin is so strong for his age and agile. I just want to hug him. It looks like a very fun day for kids. Garry is a great dad.

angiedunn said...

SO stinkin' cute. watched these yesterday....miss you guys. wish we could PLAY!! you've got some BEAUTIFUL children. and they have a great mommy & daddy too!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share