Pages

Sep 20, 2011

Overheard

Lexi: K-k-k-Tate!  K-k-k-Tate!  See, Mom?  I tan say Tate!

Gavin: Can we keep Kate forever?  Because she's my best friend.

Tyler: I can't decide what to be when I grow up.  Should I be a teacher, a volcanologist, or a garbage man? If I'm a teacher, then I get cookies on my birthday, at least if I teach fourth or fifth grade.  If I'm a volcanologist, I get to study volcanoes!  But if I'm a garbage man, I get to ride on the back of the truck!  It's just so hard to decide!

6 comments:

Emmy Z. said...

Tyler's comment made my day. Too funny. It IS so hard to decide, isn't it? I wish him luck!

Grandma Honey said...

So good you are writing these down. Your kids will love this someday. Too funny!

Sandy said...

Good for Tyler -- that is such a well-rounded and diverse choice of occupations! All things considered, I would vote for garbage man -- what Mom, or wife, would ever give permission to ride on the back of a truck otherwise!

granny said...

Gavin...you melted my heart...again.

Lexi...I will be just a tiny bit sad when you can say Kate with a K sound. You are adorable.

Tyler...you just keep thinking. You'll find the perfect thing for you!

Jill said...

Love it! There is a long standing tradition back to great-grandpa on both sides of our family of the boys wanting to be garbage men (no one actually has been one though).

Grandma said...

How cute, sweet and hilarious! I am just laughing! Maybe it's because I teach 3rd grade but I've never received cookies on my birthday. Oh course, it is in the summer:)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share