Pages

Sep 11, 2011

Going to church

The little miss and I joined the family for church today.  I usually hide out at home for several weeks after a baby comes, but this time around I was feeling pretty stir-crazy at home.  It felt good to go back and be part of the ward again, and Kate was pretty popular! So many ward members have been praying for her this year.  I'm not the only one who was glad to meet her.

I find it amusing that Kate looks so content in this commemorative photo.


As Garry snapped the shot before church, Lexi was jumping on the bed, Zach was storming about because he couldn't find his belt, and I was drying my hair.  Arriving at church in time to sit in the chapel (this is my goal every week, which is different than simply "being on time") gave us all time to take a breath and restore normal blood pressure before the opening prayer.

Perhaps this is why I laughed out loud when Tyler brought home a paper about prayer from his class.  It was divided into two sections: "I thank thee" and "I ask thee."  In the first section, Tyler wrote that he was thankful for food.  In the second, he wrote, "I ask thee that thee will bless my family to be more calm."  Nice!  We could definitely use that blessing, especially in the morning.  Getting seven people ready for church seems exponentially harder than six.

When I put Kate back in her car seat after church, I took the photo below with my cell phone.


I love her tiny dress that will only fit for a week or two.  I love the headband from Aunt Angie and the teeny tiny booties from Grandma Dent.  I love how much she looks like Lexi did.  The photo is also proof positive that we completed another milestone as a family of seven: going to church.  It feels kind of momentous.

9 comments:

granny said...

Oh my adorable.

Kim Milius said...

So sweet & so tiny! I'm glad you got to enjoy church today!

Shaina said...

That is great. I always feel stir crazy at home, and one time came to church two days after my baby was born! I wish I had just stayed home, now that I think about it!

The Wizzle said...

It IS momentous! She looks sooo cute. Love the headband and the booties!

Grandma said...

She's so cute! She does look so much like Lexi!

Cassie and Chad said...

She is so sweet! Those first days back to reality are really, really hard!!! Way to go mama!!!

Colleen said...

I love the picture Garry took! So cute. She sure does look like Miss Lexi! Our goal is always to get there to be in the chapel too. Glad it was a successful first church outing, even if the craziness definitely does expand exponentially with the addition of one tiny, immobile person.

yvonne enger said...

So sweet, so happy she well. You are a great mom!

Melanie said...

Love those dainty hands! So petite! What a tiny little thing! Glad you all made it to church. Let the wild rumpus begin! :)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share