Pages

Sep 23, 2011

Leftovers

After discussing many options for lunch today, Gavin and Lexi both settled on a peanut butter and honey sandwich.  Gavin pulled out the peanut butter and Lexi grabbed the honey from the pantry.  I sent them outside to play while I fixed plates for each of them. Then, feeling like a good little mommy, I delivered their lunches for a picnic under the back yard tree.

But they both revolted.  

"I wanted mac and cheese!" Lexi cried.

Gavin yelled, "You didn't make me a Nutella sandwich, Mom!!!"

Seriously?

I'm not usually a short-order cook (my mealtime mantra is "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit"), but today I went back inside and made what the Littles wanted.  They were thrilled.


But I'm stuck with the pb&h, crust and all.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

ahh the mealtime battle. this is dinnertime over here. my kids are easy at lunch though. they want pb&j every.single.day.

granny said...

You get the award for mommy of the year! Sometimes it is just worth it to make them so happy...but you got the best lunch. PB&J FTW.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share