Pages

Oct 6, 2010

A letter to my eye

Dear right eye,

I depend on you a lot for vision. I am very glad I have you. But would you please stop hurting so much? I'm getting tired of the pain that radiates through my face and the pressure that makes me think you are going to pop out of socket.

I'm sure you didn't appreciate the numbing drops or the dilating drops when I took you to the ophthalmologist today, but isn't modern medicine cool? I'm thinking you wouldn't have liked that pressure check today without being numb. However, I am not quite certain the doctor really grasped how much you hurt, because she told me the contacts made you do it. I don't believe her.

But check out those pupils! Wow! They are seriously huge today.


I can understand (for now) why reading is hard and light makes you sensitive. The headache is back, but this time I'm thinking it's not your fault. Once the baby stops screaming in her crib, I'll shut you tight and we'll take a nap.

Please get better.

Love,

The rest of my body

P.S. I'm really glad you don't have glaucoma.

9 comments:

granny said...

Headache is back? Bah! I'm glad you got the eye checked. Hope you can rest while the littles do.

Cheeri said...

Cute bangs!

angiedunn said...

sorry about the eye; cutest picture ever.

The Wizzle said...

You are seriously so cute. I *love* your bangs. It's kind of irrational, actually.

And I sympathize so much. Eye pain is just about the worst kind there is. You simply cannot ignore it. I hope it is GONE, very soon.

Anonymous said...

I love your hair! So stylish, Heidi-mama!

Carroll Conversations said...

Ow! Didn't that hurt to take a picture of yourself with your eyes dilated? So fun to see your smiling face again too =)

Admin said...

It looks like I was thinking the same thing as everyone else... your hair is SO CUTE!! I hope your eye feels better soon. :)

Colleen said...

Glad you don't have glaucoma too! Feel better soon.

Melanie said...

Wow! Those are big pupils! What a cute lady! Love the hair!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share