Pages

Oct 13, 2010

Field Trip

I can now add "field trip chaperon" to my parenting resume.



The Littles and I accompanied the first graders to the Colorado Pumpkin Patch in Black Forest. It was a frenetic morning for me as I had to keep track of three six-year-olds and two toddlers running in five directions, but I'm glad that Gavin and Lexi got to experience something that Zach and Tyler have done many times in their lives. I used to be the mom who loved to take fun excursions.



There were slides...



...kernels of corn...




...places to pose...




...a hay ride...




...and a petting zoo.



There were also pumpkins, which, ironically, did not get pictured. I guess we were having too much fun.

8 comments:

The Wizzle said...

You are amazing! I mentioned that I went along on a similar field trip with Eve and Iris last year - I was NOT in charge of any other children, and I was nowhere near as successful as I can tell you were! That was a very ambitious undertaking, and it looks like you had fun.

(I know what you mean about the younger kids not getting the same activity opportunities as the older: I take Iris to the library every Wednesday for storytime while Eve is in preschool, just the two of us. I dress us both up cute like I used to when I only had one little baby and we just make believe away!)

granny said...

I'm impressed. It was fun to see Tyler with his buddies. What a good mom.

Colleen said...

What a fun outing! The kids look like they are having an incredibly great time. Our school will not, under any circumstances, allow younger sibs. Boo. I am glad your school is more flexible.

angiedunn said...

cute photo ops!!!

that first one of gavin. omg, dying. he's so stinkin' cute.

lexi's white/blonde ponies are tdf.

Grandma said...

Looks like everyone had a blast. The kids must have loved the petting zoo.

Johnson Family said...

what a fun trip! your pictures were worth a thousand words! And I would have to say that you are still quite the adventurer mom!!!
Love ya,
Christa

Shaina said...

I, also, have gotten the "no younger kids" rule. Oh well. Perhaps Kimble will just be the most spoiled of my kids, with all the mommy time I can give him when he is school age.

By the way, I saw your fb post, regarding your lipstick. I would have told you!!

Melanie said...

Ah...fall in Colorado! Missing you! Missing the mountains...missing hayrides and sweaters and boots...missing those cute kids!

P.S. Your teeth look GREAT!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share