Pages

Oct 15, 2010

In case I forget

Just in case my memory fails me someday, I thought I would share this photo and the little bit of history it records.



While Garry labored through another 20-hour day at work, I bought an oven. I took this photo as JT, my 70-year-0ld sales associate, overwhelmed me with his cologne, rattled off the military careers of his 17 grandchildren, and s-l-o-w-l-y typed my address into the computer. Zach and Tyler were in time-out for crashing into a refrigerator display, Lexi was running laps around the washing machine aisle in bare feet, and Gavin was strapped into the stroller and screaming at the top of his lungs.

The new oven will arrive on Monday.

7 comments:

granny said...

At least you will have a new oven out of the drama. Hang in.

The Wizzle said...

Seriously, what is it with salespeople who type so SLOWLY? Or write so slowly? I always just want to say, "can you just hand me your pencil/keyboard/stone tablet and I'll write down my own ding dang name address and phone number, since I KNOW THEM and you don't and we can all save ourselves about 20 minutes?"

Cumorah said...

hip hip hooray for a new oven! only 3 more days. and seriously, a 20 hour work day? holy moly. that's got to be exhausting on both sides!

Grandma said...

That's great you have a new oven coming. What happened with the old one? Wow, poor Garry! He's really putting in the hours these days.

steph said...

You are so brave! I think I would have been ordering in or eating out every meal until some back-up arrived, you are amazing!

maynardmoments said...

Hooray for a new oven! In moments like that I wonder if I am brave or crazy. I think us moms are a little of both.

angiedunn said...

a picture's worth a thousand words, isn't it?

happy new oven!!!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share