Pages

Sep 12, 2012

On my night stand

Yesterday my favorite UPS man dropped off two packages with my name on them.  Inside were two brand-new books, each released in the last week, and I can't wait to read them.


The first is Daring Greatly by Brene' Brown.  I devoured her first two books earlier this year and took her online class called Ordinary Courage in May and June.  {I'm a little obsessed.}  I am so excited to learn more about what Brown terms "wholehearted living" and embracing and sharing the real me.  I'll definitely read this one first.

Second on my list is Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin.  She also wrote The Happiness Project, which helped me a lot in my own search for happiness.  You might think that I abandoned my 2012 Happiness Project, but I didn't.  I just stopped blogging about it. Anyway, I look forward to seeing what new insights on a happy home life are available in this book.

Interestingly, Gretchen Rubin wrote an "advanced praise" accolade that was included in the front of Brene' Brown's book.  Both authors have definitely influenced my life this year, and their areas of research and expertise converge in a unique way for me.

And so I bid farewell (at least temporarily) to late night TV.  I will have better companions for a while.  But, unlike a flickering screen, they promise to keep me up long past my bed time.

No comments:

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share