Pages

Sep 21, 2012

runner4life

I haven't made it to the gym since Monday, and my days have sure been long without the 5 a.m. endorphin rush.  Today I finally decided that running was more important than my quiet time during Kate's nap.

Ahhhhh.....those four miles felt fantastic, even if the treadmill was fritzy and the Littles wouldn't leave me alone.  I sure feel more like myself this afternoon.  And I'm feeling on track for the 10K race in two weeks, even though I haven't hit six miles yet in my training. I know I'll be able to cross the finish line.


Gavin took a turn on the treadmill while I stretched.  That kid is funny.  And boy, does he have some energy!  He could probably run the 10K with me.


Lexi, on the other hand, decided to take a nap on the floor.  Apparently the hum of the treadmill put her right to sleep.  Even though I am awake, I have to say that the sound was just as soothing to me.


3 comments:

Kerri Andersen said...

don't worry about running the 10k...if you've been running 4 and 5 miles lately you will be fine....honestly if you can run 4 miles, your body will be in good enough shape to run as far as you want to, and then after that it is all mental!

Grandma said...

What a cutie! He does have a lot of energy. Much more than his Grandma.

Colleen said...

I am so glad you are feeling great. It is amazing what running can do! I hope we can do a race together sometime!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share