Pages

Sep 9, 2012

Christmas in July...er, September

In June or July I bought fabric for new Christmas stockings.  I had great intentions of whipping out seven stockings during the summer when, in theory, I had more time on my hands.  For a variety of reasons (primarily The Couch Project), that didn't happen.  But I am slowly making progress.

The stockings became tedious, so I switched gears and made a tree skirt first.  (Pattern here.)



Now I have no choice but to finish up the stockings (pattern here).  All of the details require hand stitching.  


If I didn't have a deadline, I doubt I'd ever finish.  But I look forward to hanging my stockings on the chimney with care...eventually.

4 comments:

Lars said...

Beautiful! So cute with the bells, & love the patterns of tree skirt.

Grandma said...

Cute!

Adri said...

Love it! Are you making all this just out of your own amazing imagination or do you have a pattern? Impressive!

Colleen said...

I love the tree skirt! And the stockings look very cute. I love jingle bells!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share