In June or July I bought fabric for new Christmas stockings. I had great intentions of whipping out seven stockings during the summer when, in theory, I had more time on my hands. For a variety of reasons (primarily The Couch Project), that didn't happen. But I am slowly making progress.
The stockings became tedious, so I switched gears and made a tree skirt first. (Pattern here.)
Now I have no choice but to finish up the stockings (pattern here). All of the details require hand stitching.
If I didn't have a deadline, I doubt I'd ever finish. But I look forward to hanging my stockings on the chimney with care...eventually.