Pages

Apr 1, 2010

I love to see the temple


This morning I attended an endowment session at the Denver Temple. I left home at 6:30 a.m. to make the 8:00 a.m. session (the first of the day). Because traffic was much lighter than expected, I was early. I spent a quiet 30 minutes studying and pondering in the chapel prior to the session. I wish I could always read the scripture in the temple! It is truly a place of learning and inspiration.

After a lovely session, I didn't want to leave. I lingered a bit, wanting to preserve the feelings of peace and warmth that filled my soul. As I walked out of the building, I saw dear friends from the Ninth Ward and met people who are sure to become friends in our new Cordera Ward. The spirit of love and fellowship was palpable.

Even as I stood on the temple's exterior steps, taking in the beauty of this April day, I was enveloped in love and peace. Lately I have made a special effort to prepare for my temple experiences and I have been richly rewarded. This season of my life is all about learning -- learning how to make decisions, how to feel joy, how to recognize blessings, how to hear and understand the word of God. The temple has been a key part of my journey.

I am sure it always will be.

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

We must be in the same stage of our lives, because I agree with all of your comments!! What a beautiful season of our lives..(a very hectic one as well)
Christa

Colleen said...

And then you went straight to the craziness of playgroup! I am so glad you had such a wonderful morning. If only we could begin every day that way!

Danielle said...

what a great way to start your day! :)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share