Pages

Apr 26, 2010

Sunshine on a cloudy day

Lexi and I went to get the mail this evening after a long, sad day. She was absolutely thrilled to be outside and riding in the wagon. She squealed and babbled and giggled so much that we did a couple of laps in the cul-de-sac and I let her play in the wagon while I picked up pine cones on the lawn.



As I watched her bask in the cool evening breeze, perfectly content in the moment, the lyrics of a favorite song drifted into my head:

I've got sunshine
On a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside,
I've got the month of May.
I guess you'll say,
What can make me feel this way?

My girl (my girl, my girl!),
Talkin' 'bout my girl...

(Here's a link to The Temptations,
in case you'd like to hear that little ditty.)


So thanks, Lexi, for turning my day around. And thanks to my cute Grandma (the one who knitted Lexi's sweater), whose birthday card and 20-dollar bill made me smile. Love you!

4 comments:

Julz said...

she really i a little ray of sunshine.

Danielle said...

she's soooo tiny!!!! and so so cute! can i pull her in the wagon for awhile? I promise, I'll leave my boys for you while I do it so you don't miss her too much. that's a fair trade, no? ;)

Riigggghhhhhttt.

Carroll Conversations said...

Love, love, love it!!! What a perfect song to have drift into your head. I could just pat that little bottom in the wagon. She is such a dainty little thing and her sweater is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! Makes me feel a twinge of sadness as I know she and Ethan would be good pals right about now. Wish you were closer so I could give you a birthday hug on Wednesday. I hope you have big plans brewing.

Colleen said...

Sweet girl! Isn't it amazing how our kids can be the source of our sunshine and our storms....

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share