Pages

Apr 24, 2010

Silly Colorado...

This week brought the glorious news that Spring had finally redeemed Winter. Color began to peek out on the trees...



...and in the flower beds. I was thrilled to discover the first tulip blooms of the season on Wednesday as my kids played barefoot in the back yard.



We paid our neighborhood yard guy to aerate and fertilize the lawn. With a house on the market, it will be a good year for lush, green grass. Oh, the green! How I have missed it.


On Thursday night I went to sleep with the sound of rain on my roof. A Spring thunderstorm had erupted. The thought of all that rain watering my freshly fertilized lawn made me happy.

But on Friday I woke up to this.




April 23 was a snow day! School was canceled; kids were home. I shoveled six inches of snow from our driveway before a Realtor came at 9:00 a.m. I took Lexi to the doctor in howling wind and near white-out conditions.

Spring, where art thou?

4 comments:

Colleen said...

It sure is a crazy state! I am guessing days like this make your decision to go to Arizona all the easier. :)

rachbechep said...

our life is very much like this in rexburg. isn't it weird?!

Johnson Family said...

Colorado has some crazy Sprigtime weather!!! That is simply weird if you ask me..
By the way, we looked at a house for sale today across the street from the house you grew up in (If I remember correctly)... and guess who our Realtor is? Laurel Crandall!!

The Cushing Family said...

After this week, I am sure every day you can get closer to Arizona just sounds better and better. I have to admit, the random snow showers (and even rainstorms) are getting old. I AM READY FOR SUMMER!!!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share