Pages

Apr 13, 2010

Spring walkabout

Spring has finally arrived in these parts. We are more than ready for the longer, warmer days! Our family has enjoyed a few long walks in the glorious sunshine. On Saturday, while Garry attended to Wells Fargo business at home, the kids and I set out on another adventure. This time the boys talked me into walking to their school so they could enjoy the playground. Almost immediately I regretted leaving the camera at home, but my cell phone worked in a pinch.

As the only kids on the playground, Zach and Tyler had a blast breaking all of the rules of appropriate playground behavior. For once I just looked the other way, let them be crazy boys, and prayed silently that no one would break an arm.





Somewhere along the 1.5-mile walk to the school, Lexi pulled off a sock and threw it out of the stroller. Oops! She didn't seem to mind being half-barefoot, even though those naked toes were ice cold.




Gavin had a great time pretending he was one of the big boys. He traversed the upper-grade-level playground with amazing ease. I can't get over this kid's fearlessness, coordination, and balance.





There was plenty of silliness and "Mom! Look at me!" action going on, too.





All in all, the kids had a great time. At the last minute we decided to walk a little further and visit our fun friends in the next neighborhood. I forgot to take pictures that day, but remembered yesterday, when Gavin, Lexi and I visited again (on another walk). Gavin idolizes the Shaha family and begs to see Melanie and her kids on a regular basis. I don't mind indulging him; they're some of my favorite people, too.







When I called Melanie yesterday to see if we could come say hello, I was five minutes from her house. She immediately commenced making chocolate chip cookies for us. I'd walk three miles for those cookies any day!

6 comments:

Lisa Romer Keele said...

Your children are adorable!

Colleen said...

What a perfect kind of day! Glad you guys had such a good time. I wish Gavin could share some of his muscle skills with Luke! He needs some!

kendra said...

looks fun. I love how Gavin is keeping up with his big brothers.

Trinette McCrary said...

Your post got me excited for summer right around the corner. Great Day!

maynardmoments said...

Looks like you all had a great time..and ending it with cookies makes it even better!

The Wizzle said...

What a fun day! I am hoping I will get to have one of those again here sometime not too distant. :)

It's fun to see Melanie and her kids! I'm looking forward to meeting them in person soon.

Also, your boys are just dashingly handsome. So, so cute.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share