Pages

Apr 22, 2010

It's official

Tonight for dinner the kids and I drove through Chick-Fil-A and picked up dinner. We set up camp chairs in the garage, chowed down, and threw away the trash before going inside. I snapped a photo with my cell phone because the situation was so humorous.


I have a feeling that this routine, cell phone photos and all, might become commonplace.

Why?

Because I hate cooking. Oh, wait, you already knew that. But there's another reason, too. Our house is on the market.

Yep, we finally listed it -- for sale by owner. It's official.

The road to this particular day has been long and winding. I haven't appreciated the potholes and delays. But over the weekend, a difficult experience crystallized an important fact for us: we are ready to go. It's finally time.

So we're moving forward. The house is listed on several FSBO websites. We have shown the home to four Realtors in two days (no potential buyers yet) and have another appointment in the morning. We are hoping that the home buyer tax credit deadline next week might make this a busy weekend for us. If not, we are still moving in the right direction: towards moving.

To answer the question that is probably on your lips: No, there has not been any progress on a job for Garry. He will likely transfer to the Black Canyon Wells Fargo office and have an ugly commute for a while. We are praying that his physical presence in Arizona will make him a more attractive candidate in the job hunt.

Since Christmas I have felt like something special was going to happen with the sale of our home, and that miracles would pave the way to Arizona. So far I have been disappointed. But I still believe that our decision to go is correct, and that with God, all things are possible.

Here we go.

11 comments:

granny said...

You're amazing, and I love that the time has come to try and do it. Know that we love you.

Amanda said...

Congrats on listing your house. God is stronger than realtors, the real estate market, even the job market. There is plenty of time for miracles to happen! You're doing your part--now you get to be still and watch God do His. Moving forward takes faith and courage--way to go!

Emma said...

I hope it goes well for you. We are on the other end right now. We are so close to buying, but it might not go through. However, we feel we are going to the right place, so somehow things will work out. Good luck.

Grandma said...

Looks like a fun experience. Kids always love doing things like that. It's such a fun thing to pretend you're on a camp out or a picnic. Good luck on the selling.

angiedunn said...

cute, cute kiddos. what a fun memory.

you are so awesome & have such faith.......keep on keepin' on & i'll see you soon-ish.

The Cushing Family said...

Knowing you guys are moving makes our move that much easier. I hate to leave friends behind. I love hearing Carter and Tyler talk about where they moved from and where they are moving now. Too bad we can't be as resiliant as kids when it comes to change and making new friends. Best of luck on selling the house. Wish we knew someone that was looking for houses right now. Actually...I wish it was US!!!

Shaina said...

Crossing fingers for you!!
By the way, does this mean I should work out something different for the kids to stay over? It could get difficult if you have showings to prepare for. Just let me know.

maynardmoments said...

That is exciting news! I hope all goes well with selling the house and that is goes quickly. You are such a faithful person. God will take care of you.

Colleen said...

{sigh} I knew this time would come. I am so happy for you guys, even though I will miss you! I love your attitude, and miracles can still come! I just know I'll be reading the "sold" news soon enough on this wonderful blog that will keep us in touch even when you are in the warm sunshine of AZ, while I sit in the snow in CO...in late-April. Grrrr.

Carroll Conversations said...

Here comes another *wonderful* (hopefully) adventure for your family. Good luck.

rachbechep said...

yay for arizona! crossing my fingers that the house sells soon! :)

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share