Pages

Apr 28, 2010

One year older and wiser, too...

OK, I'll admit it. I'm 31. This isn't a milestone I am thrilled about, but I mark this birthday glad for the things I've learned (or re-learned) this year, such as:
  • I don't have to do it all -- at home, at church, at the boys' school, in my yard, or even in my head -- to be/appear/feel successful and fulfilled.
  • I can find joy in the little things, even when the big things are icky.
  • Sleep trumps everything.
  • I should laugh more.
  • My husband is truly my knight in shining armor.
  • I love the BYU TV channel.
  • Keeping Gavin alive requires the diligent attention of a concourse of angels.
  • Losing my pregnancy weight is going to require a LOT of work.
  • I believe in miracles.
  • Texting is super fun.
  • Service and flowers and painted toenails and clean floors make me happy.
  • I can do hard things.
  • I love getting cards in the mail.
  • I should never ignore a spiritual call to action.
  • Age is really irrelevant.
I am so blessed. When I think about my life and my sweet little family (and my awesome extended family), I realize that life is really, really good. This is what I celebrate on my birthday.

Oh, and I also celebrate this delicious peanut butter pie. Wow. You've got to try it.
Post a Comment

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share