Pages

Apr 28, 2010

One year older and wiser, too...

OK, I'll admit it. I'm 31. This isn't a milestone I am thrilled about, but I mark this birthday glad for the things I've learned (or re-learned) this year, such as:
  • I don't have to do it all -- at home, at church, at the boys' school, in my yard, or even in my head -- to be/appear/feel successful and fulfilled.
  • I can find joy in the little things, even when the big things are icky.
  • Sleep trumps everything.
  • I should laugh more.
  • My husband is truly my knight in shining armor.
  • I love the BYU TV channel.
  • Keeping Gavin alive requires the diligent attention of a concourse of angels.
  • Losing my pregnancy weight is going to require a LOT of work.
  • I believe in miracles.
  • Texting is super fun.
  • Service and flowers and painted toenails and clean floors make me happy.
  • I can do hard things.
  • I love getting cards in the mail.
  • I should never ignore a spiritual call to action.
  • Age is really irrelevant.
I am so blessed. When I think about my life and my sweet little family (and my awesome extended family), I realize that life is really, really good. This is what I celebrate on my birthday.

Oh, and I also celebrate this delicious peanut butter pie. Wow. You've got to try it.

13 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy happy birthday Heidi!!! you are so beautiful and talented and I hope you have a wonderful birthday today!

by the way, that pie looks DELICIOUS!!!

Shaina said...

I learn a lot from you, Heidi. You may not realize it, but you inspire us all to better study the gospel, find humor in every situation, and the importance of teaching your children the right ways. You are a great example to all! I hope you have a lovely year basking in your potential!

maynardmoments said...

Holy Moly..I just wrote a post about Birthdays, how crazy. I haven't checked the calendar yet, so I didn't realize it was your Birthday until after I published the post. Hope you don't mind.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! I hope you have a wonderful day and that you get spoiled rotten. You deserve it.

angiedunn said...

i agree with shaina...you are a fabulous example and such a great person. i hope you have a great day today!

granny said...

Love you Heido. Happiest of Birthdays to you. May your birthday dreams come true!

Shannon said...

Happy birthday, my BYU friend! I've so enjoyed staying in touch with you through your blog. You are a FABULOUS mother and wife and don't you forget it. I'm very grateful for your example. Enjoy the day!

Carroll Conversations said...

Happy Birthday Heidi! I so failed you on #13 on your list. I'm really sorry. However, it doesn't mean that I haven't been thinking of you any less, or looking forward to talking to you on your birthday! Have a fabulous day!!!

The Wizzle said...

You are just fantastic, you really are, and this is a great post for any occasion. I, too, need to laugh more. Why does it seem like such a hard thing in the moment sometimes? Seriously, how far gone am I?!

Dan and Katie said...

I'm about to celebrate your birthday with a delicious peanut butter pie as well! Coincidence?!? Thanks for the visit tonight! You are such a fun person! Age is irrelevant! You may have to remind me of that when I am taking my 4th kid to kindergarten when I'm 45 :) Thanks for the treat!!!

Colleen said...

What special birthday reflections! You are such a wonderful woman, friend, wife and mother. I am glad it was a great day...and a great year.

Johnson Family said...

Wow!! What a wonderful list and what a wonderful gal you are!! I can't believe you are only 31!! I thought I was the youngest in our school grade, but it must have been you!!!
Have a wonderful b-day!
Christa
p.s. we got a house. It is in Gilbert at about Guadalupe and McQueen. Happy house hunting to you too!!!

Unknown said...

HB! You are young! I've got some years on you. :) The pie sounds divine. And if the little boy in the other post is for sale we'll take him. He's such a doll! he he squeak!

Heather Wade said...

Happy Belated Bday! I hope you had a fabulous day. I'll have to try the pie recipe.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share