Pages

Oct 20, 2009

Status: Absent

I love Facebook.

I'll admit it: I'm addicted. I really, really enjoy reading about the minutiae of my friends' lives and posting about my own. There's something very validating about posting a commentary on a toddler's propensity for mischief and getting ten "I've been there!" (or randomly tangential) comments. I guess it's like a mini blog for a wider audience.

It's very easy for me to fritter away far too much time on Facebook, reading and commenting and laughing. Maybe this is because I [really] don't get out much. I love people, but I have to settle for electronic versions of communication most of the time.

However, for a while I have to walk away from Facebook. *Sigh* Our family has a very joyful weekend ahead - family coming to town for a boy being baptized. With this great blessing comes lots of responsibility, many projects, and a serious need for housekeeping. I need to focus my energy on those things. I have a lot to do, so I have resolved not to return to the Facebook world until the last family member leaves town.

Can I survive for eight days without reading and writing status updates? I'm not quite sure. Maybe I'll keep a running list of all the funny things that happen and compile them for a blog post next week.

Just so you know, my current update would be: Heidi Dixon Bartle is having withdrawals.

5 comments:

Emmy Z. said...

You may feel some relief as well. I left town last Thursday and didn't check email, Facebook or blogs until Sunday afternoon. In fact, I didn't even touch a computer at all. And I tell ya, sometimes it's nice to be unplugged.

Reynolds Family said...

You are too funny-I would have a very hard time going a day let alone a week without being connected! Good luck!

Kate said...

Haha! I totally hear you there. I just moved, and haven't gotten back online yet-- and I can't get it at work anymore... Sounds like a drug or something. Anyway. It's kinda nice. :)

The Wizzle said...

Hope you enjoy your (forced) break! I've been online much less since all this house stuff started because I'm just too darn busy with all the projects, and it's been rather nice, I have to say!

granny said...

A break is always good. I've been on the comp much less lately because of projects too, but I admit I always get to it eventually at least once a day. Good luck and I can't wait to see you. We are probably the last guest to leave...hahaha

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share