Pages

Oct 17, 2009

It's {still} Autumntime

Remember the other week when I was musing about the golden leaves and beautiful Fall weather? Well, that gorgeous backyard tree is completely bare. Guess where all the leaves went?



There comes a point when so many leaves cover the ground that the grass cannot be seen. Thursday brought Operation:Find the Grass. (The boys were thrilled.)

Actually, we had a good time raking the leaves. After several days of frigid temperatures, it was quite refreshing to get outside and move. I found the crisp air invigorating. Of course, I did most of the raking while the boys scooped and bagged all the leaves. (I've earned the right to supervise, haven't I?) Together we filled (packed) eight 40-gallon bags.



Lexi Lou, decked out in a festive pumpkin hat, was content to observe the action from her perch in the exersaucer. I think she loved being outdoors!



Once we had amassed a giant pile of leaves in the front yard, I had what seemed like a brilliant idea: Let's take Christmas card photos! The kids didn't think I was so brilliant.



Tyler was a good sport, though, and gave me a smile.



So far it seems like Autumn will be very brief, and that a long, cold Winter season is ahead. We try to soak up these beautiful Autumn days when they come!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Z, looks like a fun day. I miss the leaves. :)

The Wizzle said...

What is this Autumn you speak of?

What a satisfying project! It is so good to be outside. If it ever cools off for real here, I plan to partake to the fullest!

Grandma said...

I remember those leaf days with my children too. What fun days those were. Cute pictures! Even Lexi looked like she was having fun.

maynardmoments said...

You guys have a ton of leaves! Looks like the kids love them. We hardly have any...but we want them this year. We are trying to stuff a giant 8 foot spider.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share