Pages

Oct 8, 2009

Oneofeach

Ice cream was a popular dessert choice in my childhood home. There were often flavor options on any given night. I had a hard time choosing, so sometimes I'd dish one scoop of each flavor. This method became known as "one of each," which became condensed into one word, "oneofeach," which, when said swiftly and with the proper intonation, sounded like a Russian surname. (Go ahead -- try it, and with your best accent.) What kind of ice cream do I want? Oneofeach.

Believe it or not, this post has nothing to do with ice cream. I was just thinking that I had a few cute pictures of the kids -- oneofeach, to be precise -- to show off.

First, the boy who might love play dates more than life itself.
These kids played so beautifully together that we have set up a weekly after-school gig. P.S. When did Tyler get so tall?

Second, the boy who has discovered leaves.
I discussed this in an earlier post, but this is a better picture.


Third, the girl who looks adorable (but won't look at the camera) in the new outfit that arrived in yesterday's mail. Notice the hand-crafted headband made to match said outfit. Granny is amazing.com.


Fourth, the boy who woke up yesterday with a partially-swollen lip. What?!?! It makes no sense -- there was no injury or bite or illness. Just a fat lip. It's all better now.


I think I'm going to find some ice cream. This post sparked a craving.

11 comments:

The Wizzle said...

Zach seriously looks like a teenager! Scary.

I am a big fan of oneofeach, myself. I can never decide between Rocky Road and mint chip. Or cookies and cream.

angiedunn said...

mmmm I'm glad I trained you all to be so indecisive (like me.) Oneofeach lives on...

p.s. poor lip! (he didn't take ibuprofen did he?)

angiedunn said...

P>S> i think Angie is logged on to this computer...that was really granny. Lexi looks so dang cute,and Gavin in the leaves! Ah.

Shaina said...

Love that headband!! Adorable.
We like oneofeach too. You should hear Heath speak with a russian accent. Very funny.

maynardmoments said...

oneofeach! Thanks for the laugh.
Oh ice cream, wonderful, soothing, cooling, refreshing ice cream. What I wouldn't give...

Anonymous said...

I have been eyeing that outfit Lexi is wearing at my favorite store...it is super cute on her!!

BTW: Lily has been wearing these little booties that were Jillie's and Carly's. I never knew who made them, so I asked my mom. She said that Heidi's Grandma made them. So, I love thinking about you every time she wears them!

kendra said...

your last posts have been great! seems like you're keeping busy. I got a little teary-eyed when I saw your "colorado tree" with the blue sky. Oh well... looks like the kids are having a blast in your yard.

girlygirl said...

your posts are always so fun and entertaining! Thanks for the view!

Colleen said...

That headband IS amazing! Nice work Granny! Maybe the lip was a bug bite. I've had that happen before....

Unknown said...

Love the new word. Ice cream is also a must at our house. I can't wait to eat it again. Such darling kids. :)

Lars said...

Delightful post. I like the Russian pronunciation thing. Love the photos in the preceding/following post. Autumn is great, isn't it? I miss it being longer though.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share