Pages

Oct 21, 2009

Hug you

It's been a rough morning. Why? Who knows, but I'm ornery. I'm trying hard not to be, but thus far my meager efforts have not been successful.

Gavin just crawled up behind me (on the chair) and wrapped his arms around my neck. "Hug you," he said. "Hug you Mommy." Now he is perusing Zach's cub scout handbook with nary a scrap of clothing on his body.

Gavin reminded me of a quote I scrawled on a sticky note and affixed to my computer screen the other day:

"Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved." [Thomas S. Monson]

I think my affectionate boy has this attitude down pat. I should follow his example!

9 comments:

Shaina said...

You are probably just suffering from withdrawals of your virtual friends. Here is my status as of late, from facebook: 2 cm dilated, 50% effaced, baby is LOW.

There. Now you don't feel so out of the loop!! Have yourself a treat.

The Wizzle said...

I know days like that. I wish I knew something that was guaranteed to snap you out of your funk, but alas I do not. I think a good Gavin hug is as likely a candidate as any!

maynardmoments said...

Hang in there. Do YOU need some ice cream?
Pretty soon you will be surrounded with family, friends, and a son who is newly baptized. Oh, and you will be back with your virtual world before you know it. If it makes you feel any better, there's not much going on with facebook right now. ;)
Great things to come for you!

Adri said...

great quote!

Do you need some help today? I',m available if Gavin wants to come play!

granny said...

Hugs from Granny, too! Wish I could be more helpful...

Trinette McCrary said...

I love the quote. Thank you for sharing. The bad days always help me appreciate the good ones.

Juliesh said...

good quote...I need that one!

BTW, welcome to the world of Scouts! With 3 boys, you are going to be a pro. Get a shoe box and label it "Derby Cars." Then start collecting the necessary items to go in it (sand paper, graphite, weights, etc.) If you don't already have one...buy a little scale. You'll be glad you did...in the long run. Oh the JOY of BOYS!

Grandma said...

How cute! I love that boy:)

Carroll Conversations said...

Wow, what a coincidence. I just printed off that exact same quote a couple of weeks ago and put it by my computer as well. It really struck a chord with me when I read it. Leave it to children to lead the way for us on this one.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share