Pages

Mar 31, 2009

Medical schmedical

Since I'm sure you're all dying to know the status of my epigastric region, I thought I'd post a quick update.

The results are in: my gallbladder is fit as a fiddle. No stones, no sludge, no cause for concern. The source of my discomfort remains a mystery, but it seems that surgery is not in my future. [Insert giant sigh of relief.]

Additionally, the remaining labwork on my various bodily fluids returned today and all signs point to normal. Preeclampsia and even the infection were too hastily diagnosed. Turns out I'm just an uncomfortable pregnant lady, but now I'm a grateful one.

Thanks for your love and support! I have been touched by your concern and comments.

I promise that my next post will (1) be about something more interesting than gestational physiology, (2) feature someone other than myself, and (3) include pictures.

9 comments:

rachbechep said...

glad things are good! going to the doctor/dentist/anyone who fixes any part of your body is no fun...
yayyy! :)

Kristy E.B. said...

That's so wonderful that all of the worry was for nothing and you're great (other than just uncomfortable). Hang in there those last few weeks!

granny said...

Three cheers for three bits of good news.

Grandma said...

Hurray for no surgery. Now just hang in there for 54 more days and hopefully you'll start feeling better. Glad you're really O.K. That's good news.

Shaina said...

So glad things are officially normal! Sorry you still feel bad though. Hopefully these last 6 weeks will go smoothly for you.

Trinette McCrary said...

Yeah!! That is great news. Hang in there.

Lars said...

Very good news! Isn't is great when the answers to prayers are the ones and ways we wanted?!

Sorry you are uncomfortable though. Truly!

Colleen said...

I am so glad to hear it! You are in the home stretch now, it's all going to be over soon and you will have a beautiful bundle wrapped in pink to show for all that discomfort!

The Wizzle said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling lousy, but I'm glad it's not what we feared. Hopefully it's "just" general late-pregnancy misery!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share