Pages

Mar 27, 2009

Of blogs and blurbs

Last week Mr. UPS delivered this fun book to my house.

It's full of last year's Bartle family history, and even features us on the front and back covers with my name in the author spot. It's the book I created through laborious cuts and pastes and photo uploads. Blog to Blurb, Blog to Blurb...357 pages in all. Blurb did a bang-up job printing and binding. I'm thrilled with the finished product.



As I took pictures of the book this morning to post here, Garry mused at the irony of using Blurb to publish a blog and then turning around to use my blog to advertise for Blurb. Pretty soon this blog post will get slurped into Blurb again.

And so my world goes round.

8 comments:

Shaina said...

Your book looks great! It'll be so fun to have a whole shelf of blog books in 10 years, won't it?

Carroll Conversations said...

This book looks great! It also looks like it's actually a good quality book, unlike other companies. You'll have to fill me in on the nitty gritty and how much time it took to slurp and edit all that. Amazing project and so fun to have it all in a book.

Adrianna said...

I can't even IMAGINE how long that took you! I feel tired just thinking of it...

Amanda said...

That gets me excited to start blurbing my blog again. What a great looking book!

The Wizzle said...

That's a hilarious observation by Garry! Blogging makes the world go round, the world go round, the world go round...

Grandma said...

How nice it looks! You did a great job. What a treasure.

Lars said...

What a great book to create. Your skills and awesome photos make it so amazing. What do you think about the cost to publish? Are you still scrapbooking (or intending to) in the format you've been using for year? Or are you all digital and/ or blog based now?

Lyon Pride said...

Your book looks great. Hopefully in the near future I'll have mine too!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share