Pages

Mar 1, 2009

Projects in progress


My recent lists have been good for my life. They give me focus when I don't feel like focusing. They help me get the big things done in a reasonable time-frame. They make me feel like I'm being productive (read: worthwhile). They also prevent me from focusing on dinner at the right time of day, but my family is content with grilled cheese, burritos, and cereal, so who really cares?

Here are some photos of things I've been working on during Gavin's naps, when the big boys feel like entertaining him, and before my bedtime.


Wall decor for Baby Girl.

Updated crib skirt for Baby Girl (the rickrack is new).

Paint on walls and moulding in Gavin's new room.

Wall decor for Gavin's new room.

Up next (while my sewing machine is out):

A new apron (I missed the sewing day with other ladies at church).

A crib quilt for Gavin's new room (thanks for the pattern, Adri).

And perhaps, in my wildest dreams that just might come true, curtains for the kitchen (you'll get a photo when I get the fabric).


Saturday was especially productive (read: successful). Garry and I finished painting Gavin's new room, I got several other important-to-me things done, Garry started designing a cabinet he's building, Zach and Tyler had a Lego-building contest, Gavin took two excellent naps, and Zach's friend Ben came over for two hours and they played without incident (Ben's coming and the lack of active-boy drama are both very rare).

We concluded the evening with dinner at Red Robin, where three boys were delightful and we stuffed ourselves silly (and still came home with two big doggie bags for lunch today). Tyler was hilarious during family fun time, which was a game of Wii bowling. He won, after scoring a "turkey" (three strikes in a row), and that delighted him to no end. The boys crashed late, Garry and I crashed early, and everyone slept through the night. At 8:00 a.m., Zach and Tyler are playing happily in their room and Gavin is still sleeping. What an excellent series of events!

10 comments:

The Wizzle said...

That sounds like the best day ever! The room projects are all looking awesome.

Colleen said...

Hooray for checking off the to-do list with such fun projects! And hooray for a GREAT Saturday!

kendra said...

That IS success! The flowers are SO cute. This is going to be one happy baby girl. I love the picture of Gavin with all his stuffed "buddies". Doesn't it make you feel good to get stuff done?

Reynolds Family said...

How awesome to have such a successful weekend! I cleaned up puke-so fun!

Holly said...

Congrats, dawg. i love those days. with every fiber of my being.

granny said...

So glad Gavin is sleeping again. Love your projects.

JulSH said...

I am ever impressed with the many things you can accomplish!!

BTW, LOVE the new look of the blog...how'd you do it??

Grandma said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Gavin is so cute with his stuffed buddies.

Katy said...

I love the flowers. Where di you get them. I'm hoping to copy cat.

Trinette McCrary said...

Looks like you have some great projects going on. I'm project free right now and I love it!!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share