Pages

Mar 11, 2009

Spring has sprung

In my grandma's kitchen hangs a cross-stitch saying that I love.
It reads:

Who plants a seed
beneath the sod
and waits to see
believes in God.

Today, once again, I became a believer.


In my back planter, I found seven tiny tulip sprouts.
In the front, I found one.
This development is incredibly exciting!
I am SO ready for some color
to brighten up this brown, brown world.

Last October I planted 75 happy red and yellow bulbs
(well, my mom did most of the work),
and if they all come up,
it will be a glorious Spring indeed.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

I am so excited to see ours too. They are starting to pop up all over! Yes!

The Wizzle said...

Sweet! So, does this mean the weather is going to be of the non-blizzard variety next week? :)

granny said...

Dude! I'm so excited!

Nate and Annah Butterfield said...

That's exciting!!! The hardest part about living in Utah for me is how long it's cold and how brown it can be. I am SOOOOOOO excited for some color!

Trinette McCrary said...

I'm sorry to say but I really hate spring. I have horrible allergies and I have for years. I know when spring is coming before there is any sign of it. Yuky, yuky!! I love your pictures though.

JulSH said...

Great minds do think alike!!! How funny that we both blogged about our peeking bulbs...we must need spring!

You'll have to post a pict when they are in full bloom. I bet it will be gorgeous!

Shaina said...

Tulips are my favorite flower ever. Can't wait to see them make the world beautiful.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share