Pages

Mar 30, 2009

Hope

Zachary was on my mind all day today. It was his first day at his new elementary school.

I hoped so much that he'd find a friend, fit in with his classmates, and show his teacher the best version of himself. I hoped he wouldn't get lost or feel scared or lonely. I hoped he'd like his lunch and remember his student number at the end of the day. I hoped he wouldn't come home hating his parents for turning his world upside down.

When he came running up to the van with an ear-to-ear grin on his face, my own mouth burst with a smile. I relaxed. All was well.

Zachary had a wonderful day! As I drove away from the school, Zach chattered happily about Spanish class and his reading partner and the kid from his soccer team who's in the class next door. At home we went through his new homework folder and talked about some new routines.

Then I got a lovely email from Zach's teacher. Its simple message warmed my heart. "Zach had a great first day! We enjoyed having him in class. He seems to be a great student and gets along well with the other students."

If only she knew how much those words meant to us!

An afternoon phone call from my doctor's office was equally uplifting. My initial preeclampsia labs came back clean, meaning at this juncture I do not, in fact, have the disorder. Second-tier labs are still pending, but it seems that this particular concern is moot for now. Although I still have my worries, I'm so grateful that this risky issue isn't mine to deal with.

I'll have a gallbladder scan in the morning and should have the results late in the day. Here's hoping that the good news trend continues!

8 comments:

Amanda said...

YAY for answered prayers. So glad Zachary had a good day--and that your labs came back great. It's always a relief to hear such wonderful news. I hope all goes well with the scan tomorrow.

angiedunn said...

well that post just made my day.

so grateful zach had a great day.
so grateful for non-preeclampsia.

here's to non-gall-bladder-ness!

The Wizzle said...

Ditto Angie! Great news indeed!

granny said...

Wahoo. On both fronts. Good news days are great!

Lars said...

Answered prayers. So many. Such happy news.

Grandma said...

I've thought about you both today as well. I was so hoping for a great first day. It sound like the teacher is on the ball and positive. That's a huge great first step. On your news hurray as well. I hope the gall bladder tests prove as happy of news as today's was. Our prayers are with you daily. Great news days are wonderful. I hope they continue.

Colleen said...

Wonderful Heidi! I am so glad Zach has found a place he feels confident, and you too! And great news on the labs! All is well!

rachbechep said...

yay for zach! :)
and yay for you!!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share