Pages

Jan 1, 2009

Resolved

I am definitely a goal-oriented person, and I always make New Year's resolutions. I don't always accomplish them all, but I've found that writing them down definitely helps, and I suppose that advertising them will offer added incentive, too.

So, without further ado, here are my various and sundry 2009 goals:
  • Play with my kids more often
  • Maintain scripture, prayer, and FHE habits with the kids
  • Continue family fun time
  • Be content with the present
  • Write a will (and get it notarized/made official)
  • Run in a 5K race (but shoot for a 10K) in September
  • Lose my baby weight by the end of the year
  • Go to sleep in my bed (rather than on the couch)
  • Watch less television
  • Develop better personal devotional habits
  • Acquire entire three-month supply of food and household items
  • Sanitize and fill water barrels by February 1
  • Assemble 72-hour and emergency kits by February 1
  • Volunteer at Zachary's school at least once a month
  • Publish our 2008 blog via Blurb before the baby is born
  • Find joy in my daily journey
It's a random collection, for sure, but I think my goals hit most of the rough spots in my life. Here's to a smoother 2009!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

We used Suze Orman's Will and Trust CD to help us write our wills about three years ago. It was super easy and informative.

I love Blurb! I've been working on publishing our family blog for a while now, but it's labor intensive. I wish I was content with the automatic blog-to-book feature so it would go faster, but alas, I am not. It's taking so long that I kind of wish I blogged less so I'd have less work to do.

Colleen said...

Great goals all! I like your deadlines for your projects, that definitely helps. I also want to do the blurb thing, but haven't checked into it yet. My friend Mo called me telling me how much she loved it. You will have to let me know how it goes!

Grandma said...

Great goals! We enjoyed having all of you come and visit. It was delightful for us. Sorry the bug hit me the last day. I hope I didn't give it to anyone.

angiedunn said...

Great list o' goals, sister. I'm losin' my baby weight by the end of the year too!!! Let it be known blogworld!

granny said...

I think I should lose my baby weight too....wait....maybe grandbaby weight? Whatever it is, may it be gone by the end of the year as well.

Emmy Z. said...

Go Heidi! I need to get on the wagon and write my resolutions, too. Good luck with everything! Creating a Blurb book is an awesome idea - I might steal it.

Raegan said...

I am a little slow with this comment/question but do you have a good resource you use to know what to put in your 72 hour kits? I am in the middle of re-doing ours & my list seems a little out of date. I think it is from a Relief Society activity done many moons ago.

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share