Pages

Jan 5, 2009

Blurbaholic

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to publish my blog posts from last year in book form. I decided to use a service offered by Blurb.com and have become totally addicted to it! There's something incredibly satisfying about formatting each page to perfectly accommodate my text and photos. It's a strangely fulfilling creative process without the mess of scrapbooking, and yet when I finish I'll have a very lengthy, detailed photo history of my family for the last year. I'm very excited about that prospect, and look forward the finished product. What a great volume it will be for the old bookshelf!

During 2009, however, I'll be creating/updating my book as I blog. Making this 2008 book from scratch is quite an intensive process!

7 comments:

Emmy Z. said...

I've been doing that as well, but it doesn't support Blogger, so it's gonna take FOREVER. Have you found an easy way to upload all your stuff?

Just FYI, my sis-in-law (Brooke) made a Blurb book of her son. It turned out really well - I was really impressed by the quality of Blurb.

Shaina said...

I'm in the process, but it's taking so long. I have tons of posts.
I'm going to do it as I go for this year, once I get last year's done!
by the way, you looked so overdone on Sunday. Can I take the boys for a while this week?

Lyon Pride said...

I'm in the process, too. I did about half of it this fall but there's still so much to do. Having a hardcover book was my whole inspiration for doing a blog!

m = michelle said...

so you like that eh? I've heard good things but I'm afraid to try it for fear I'll look back at what I wrote for that year and think - WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME.

Lyon Pride said...

Are you using copy and paste for blurb? When I downloaded all my entries through September it "slurped" my blog entries and it was really easy. Now it says they don't support blogger. Just wondering if you're doing it a different way-I'm a bit frustrated!

The Bui's said...

Wow! it looks like I'm not the only one having problems getting my blog to blurb. Any suggestions would be helpful. You seem to figure things out quite quickly.

Colleen said...

Oooh! Awesome! I can't wait to give it a try! So what do you do with slide shows?

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share