When I saw a friend make a list like this on Facebook, I decided I wanted to play! So you can read about me here or there, but since you're here...
1. I like to think of myself as a neat and tidy person, but as life goes on, I find I'm more interested in other life pursuits than in having an immaculate house.
2. Some of my favorite smells are freshly cut grass, newborn baby breath, campfires, my mom's Thanksgiving stuffing, gardenias, the world after a summer rain, and men's Eternity cologne.
3. I am a morning person and definitely NOT a night owl. (Note: my hubby is 100% the opposite.)
4. I consider myself a decent homemaker, but I really don't like anything associated with cooking -- the planning, the shopping, the food organizing, the cleaning up, and sometimes even the eating. I know I need to get over it.
5. I skipped the second grade and graduated high school when I was barely 17.
6. Garry and I dated for one week before getting engaged. We'd known each other a month.
7. All three of my boys were born on Fridays.
8. I didn't have any close girlfriends until after Zachary was born, but now I can't imagine life without them.
9. I get really bothered when I start a project and don't finish it. The "undone" feeling clutters my brain until I feel like I'm going to explode. I'd rather not start something unless/until I know I have the time and ability to finish it.
10. I thrive on all forms of communication -- in person, over the phone, via email/blogs/websites, etc. Without people I feel lost in the world.
11. My uncorrected vision is 20/425. One of my biggest fears is being caught in an emergency without glasses or contacts. I would be seriously impaired.
12. When I was a little girl I dreamed of being a farmer or a veterinarian. I wrote countless short stories about talking animals and their human friends. I find this hilarious because I am the antithesis of an animal lover as an adult. I understand from an intellectual standpoint how fiercely people can love their pets, but that capacity is just not in my gene pool.
13. I majored in health sciences at BYU but wish I would have majored in English. I was too far in the process to start over when I had the "aha" moment regarding my interests and abilities.
14. Some of my favorite movies are "You've Got Mail," "Antitrust," "Dan in Real Life," "The Pelican Brief," "Apollo 13," BBC's "Pride and Prejudice," and "While You Were Sleeping."
15. My biggest pet peeve is people who wait for “good” parking spaces and hold up all the other cars in the parking lot. I would much rather park far away and walk instead of trolling for a closer spot for ten minutes (or two).
16. I'll admit it: I like to iron.
17. I am proud of being able to drive a car with a manual transmission. Perhaps this is because it was hard for me to learn.
18. I am independent. I have learned that this doesn’t mean I have to do everything myself, but I like doing things myself, making it on my own, doing my own thing, etc.
19. I only make my bed about twice a week (or when there’s a chance that other people will see it, or when I’m vacuuming). I'm trying to do better...
20. I love Halloween, which is kind of the opposite of my personality. It’s silly, impractical, and unhealthy, but I love seeing all the kids in their costumes. I do not like to dress up.
P.S. Let me know when you've made your own list!