Pages

Jan 27, 2009

Putting time in a bottle (or a box)

This week our family made a time capsule.

We put some fun stuff in it:

A token of history-in-the-making.

Grocery store receipts from the week.

Some of the boys' treasures.

Hand- and foot-prints for every family member.

Current events and photos from our household.

Pictures of the house and bedrooms, plus wrappers from our favorite treats.

Surveys of favorites, physical stats, friends, etc., and fun kid artwork.

This afternoon I sealed up the old Amazon.com box (tape and string style) and stuck it in the crawl space. Hopefully we'll remember to dig it out it in five years.

I'm sure it will be a fun discovery when the time comes...

15 comments:

The Wizzle said...

That looks super fun! My kids would love that (well, the big one would). I bet you'll remember to open it. I would forget :)

joeyship said...

What you do is write a reminder on the last day of the year, every year. Then you remember to make a note on the calendar and you won't forget......

What a fun project..........

m = michelle said...

y'all are so clever.

Kristy E.B. said...

What a cute/fun idea! Sounds like a great FHE project/activity!

Reynolds Family said...

What a fun idea. I think you might be the best mom ever!

Amanda said...

What a great idea! You need to make a mommy idea blog with all of the cool things you do with your kids. There are so many ideas you've mentioned that I've wanted to write down and remember...and this is yet another one. I hope you enjoy opening it in a few years!

granny said...

Did you ever open your one from YW?
This is a fun thing come back to.

juliespahr said...

Genius! There is always something amazing going on in your home! I love it!

Grandma said...

I've done that before. It's a fun way to remember the past. Cute idea!

The Bui's said...

I think our capsule would be full to the brim, just with the favorite snack and treat wrappers.

I look forward to five years from now, and seeing pics of you guys opening the capsule.

granny said...

Just read your comment on NMH. Can't wait to see the reply.

runningfan said...

Haha, neither can I!

Colleen said...

What a fun family project! That will be so great to get out in five years! I am already looking forward to that post.

Shanell said...

You've always had such great ideas...love this one... I want to borrow!

Jen said...

Heidi, I just love your blog! I just spent the last half hour catching up. You are such an awesome writer and I love your ideas - like this time capsule. When I grow up, I want to be just like you!! (o: Thanks for sharing your great ideas and funny view of the world. You are a super woman!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share