Pages

Jan 24, 2009

Our first blogiversary

Before my week turned out the way it did, I planned to write an anniversary post, since January 20 marked one year since I switched from weekly email newsletters to blogging.

My, what a year it has been.

As I've been transferring the contents of our blog to book form, I have been overwhelmed at times with how much I wrote and how many pictures I posted in 2008. But I've also been elated that I took the time to record so many memories.

Just reading our January archive alone made my head spin. We decided to move when Gavin was six weeks old. We hired a Realtor, packed, painted, and put our house up for sale, and then I took the three boys to Mesa for ten days to escape real life.

I had forgotten how incredibly stressful that all was. Blogging became my release, my way to vent and celebrate and document the craziness of our everyday existence. Of course, we survived the year, and I doubt we could have pictured back then how happy we'd be when the turbulent waters of Spring 2008 finally settled.

So here's to another year of blogging. I hope this one is a little less adventurous than the last. Whatever happens, I'd like to thank you, dear readers, for making my efforts at recording it such a rewarding experience!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Happy one year! Your blog is such a fun one to read! With a new baby on the way, I am guessing this year will hold a lot of craziness too, but the good kind (the kind dressed in pink!). I really love blog life too. I love sharing the ins and outs of our lives with family and friends near and far, and I love the feedback from others. But I also am excited to do the blurb book because really, I want our blog to be like a family archive, my "journal," since I am horrible at journaling, but excited about blogging. Can't wait to see how yours is coming along, once the yucks are gone from both our homes!

granny said...

I'm just glad you keep writing and keeping us up to date. It means a lot to us.

Shanell said...

It is crazy to see what we've documented. I loved getting your weekly newsletters. You were blogging before it was cool! Congrats on your one year anniversary. I didn't realize the move and baby all happened only last year. Here's to 2009!

Grandma said...

We're glad you like to blog because it helps us feel a part of your lives. Thanks for making the effort!

Reynolds Family said...

Happy Anniversary! I sure love reading it!

kendra said...

Blogging is such a great way to keep in touch. Love it!

I'm glad everyone is doing much better - modern medicine, what a blessing.

Also, I have a couple great tips on streak free windows - our last house had one wall that was almost ALL glass. *if the sun is shining directly on the windows, which it may have been that late in the afternoon, the sun dries or warms the cleaner too fast and that will leave streaks. You can spray as you wipe or clean your windows in the morning instead. And if you use "flour sack" cloths (100% cotton, lint free, come in a pack of six at Target - even better than microfiber cloths) the streak will go away much easier too.
Maybe not a pearl of wisdom but believe me, my windows reduced me to tears a few times too. I hate streaky windows!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share