Pages

Jun 5, 2011

History in the making

This picture makes me happy.  VERY happy!


For a while now I have been working on memory books for each of the kids.  I have been digitally scanning art work and other memorabilia, revisiting journals and old blog posts, and compiling pictures and stories for inclusion in these books.  Many nap times and evening times have been devoted to the effort.  This week I was thrilled to receive completed books for Tyler and Lexi in the mail from Blurb.  Now each of my children have a book in this genre, which I have adopted in lieu of traditional scrapbooking.

Lexi's is the most current, since it is completed through May 2011.  It is her very first memory book, detailing her first two years.


Gavin has one traditional scrapbook of his first year of life, but his memory book includes details from his first through third birthdays.  Since he turned three six months ago, I'm pretty happy about that.


Tyler's book, the one I finished most recently, chronicles his last year of preschool and his kindergarten year, plus the summer of 2010.  I have begun a new book for him that starts in first grade, but since I want to include two years per book, this won't be complete for a while!


Likewise, Zach's book includes two years of pictures, stories, and artistic treasures.  It covers first and second grade.


It is my hope that before the baby is born, I will finish recording Tyler's first grade year, as well as Zach's third grade year and the time since Gavin's birthday.  In addition, I hope to get my 2011 blog posts into a book so there is less work to do at the end of the year.  We are amassing a happy little collection of Blurb-created books on the shelf.  I love to spend my time recording family history!

8 comments:

Adri said...

As a fellow family record keeper, I can completely appreciate the work and effort that goes into these books. Good work, my girl!

yvonne enger said...

All your kids are so cute you have a great family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

I don't know how you do it, Heidi. I'm so behind on my yearly blog/family albums, it's pathetic! You go girl!

Colleen said...

What a wonderful treasure for your kids! The effort is well worth the product. Nice work!

Danielle said...

this is awesome! how lucky your family is to have a mama that does this for them. i'm sure they'll always appreciate all the work that goes into these!

Grandma said...

What a treasure for them! Good work. I can hardly wait to see them.

Shaina said...

As a devoted blurber too, these books take some serious time to put together! You should be proud of yourself. Good job!

Melanie said...

Well done, Heidi! You accomplish so many wonderful things in a day...while also keeping your family happy and safe (safe being a major accomplishment!)...with kids in all kinds of activities...while making sure academics and scripture ready and sports all get a turn. You're an amazing mother!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share