Pages

Jun 27, 2011

Morning chore?

At 6:30 this morning the house was nice and cool (69 degrees!) so I took advantage and mopped the floor.  Zach and Tyler were completing their daily 30 minutes of reading (so we can climb towards our summer goal), and Gavin and Lexi followed suit.  




I loved hearing Gavin "read" Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? to his sister while his brothers got lost in their own novels (Fablehaven: The Rise of the Evening Star for Tyler and Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo for Zach).  Raising readers makes my heart happy.

7 comments:

Johnson Family said...

It makes my heart sing to know that your boys are loving Fablehaven!!! That is my all time favorite series!!!! And Brandon Mull even came here, but I missed him because I was sick! Darn! I didn't get as into the Leven Thumps Series, but I have both of them on audio books and the narrator just wasn't great.
Congrats on all your reading goals!!!! I get excited when my kids read too!!

By the way Heidi, I know you were writing novels even in junior high, so I think it is time for you to publish one......... I am ready to read it!!!!!!
Have a great summer day!
Christa

Colleen said...

Amen. What a great morning!

maynardmoments said...

Sounds like a great morning! Nothing like getting lost in a great book to make the summer days drift by.

Rob and Marseille said...

reading at 6:30am?!?! I'm so glad my kids sleep in!

Melanie said...

They all look so well behaved! Glorious!

kendra said...

wow! your days start so early! No one's allowed to leave their rooms until 8 during the summer at this house!

your boys are doing some great work with their reading. wow! I'm really impressed with Tyler. That's awesome

Grandma said...

What a great site! I love it when kids read! Good work Heidi for motivating them! I love watching Gavin and Lexi read together. Cute!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share