Pages

Jun 13, 2011

Fundamentals

Tonight for Family Home Evening we focused on a couple of life skills.  Garry taught us all how to tie a neck tie and I taught the boys how to properly hang up their church clothes. Luckily Garry didn't need my lesson as much as I needed his.



Based on performances tonight, I expect to have a smaller Saturday night ironing commitment.  I am more confident in my ability to help my boys with their ties in Garry's absence.

I have also selected the topic for next week's FHE lesson: Proper Timing of Bodily Functions.  I expect that lesson will need repeating.

9 comments:

Emmy Z. said...

Your last paragraph made me chuckle out loud. Ahhhh, the memories of growing up with four brothers...

Grandma said...

Cute idea for a lesson. Next weeks is a winner too.

Rob and Marseille said...

wait, your boys wear white sunday pants? could they actually tie the ties? so far we just have clip-ons. And my hubby who has to wear missionary apparel leaves his ties tied so they are faster to put on.

granny said...

Go Momma! Good skills class! We studied Day 1 of my camp study journal. :)

angiedunn said...

CUTE!!! that first photo is amazingly precious. you guys are such good parentals.

The Wizzle said...

I think those are excellent lesson choices! I have had a couple of white-knuckle occasions when I found myself in the position of being the tie-tyer and had no idea how to proceed.

I am happy to report that I do have the bodily functions thing well in hand, though. :)

Shaina said...

Great topic! Kamy led us on a scavenger hunt, while talking about "choosing the right path" which ultimately led us to the scriptures, where she talked about some prophets. Amazing lesson.

Colleen said...

Love the tie picture!

Briana @ Sweet Dreams are Made of These said...

love it! need this at our house.
Briana

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share