Pages

Sep 19, 2010

Rescued

Friday turned out to be a pivotal point in my illness. I didn't feel any better, but people started hearing that I was (and had been) dreadfully ill. The sudden offers of food and childcare allowed me to sleep all afternoon and evening. The P.A. I saw Wednesday finally prescribed an antibiotic. Garry came home at dinner time. All good things.

Then, on Saturday, Garry took over for the entire day. While I slept in, he fed and bathed the kids. He took them to Home Depot and the grocery store. He took everyone (but me) to Zach's football game and out to lunch. He brought home dinner and flowers. He cleaned up. Being the Mom, I am intimately acquainted with the effort required to keep our four kids out of the house (or quiet in the house) all day long. It's a Herculean task.


I spent the entire day in bed. I wasn't always asleep, but I really rested in the peace and quiet. It was absolutely glorious.

And today, for the first time in 12 days, healing is taking place. I have a voice! I'm not quite so congested. My head doesn't feel like it's going to explode, and I'm hardly coughing at all.

People say that laughter is the best medicine. For me, it is sleep. And service.

I'm a lucky girl.
Post a Comment

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share