Pages

Sep 22, 2010

Busted!

I have a guilty secret. I keep a bag of Double Stuf Oreos in my night stand.

Sometimes I bring a cup of milk to bed and delight in a few Oreos, like a little nightcap. They go perfectly with an episode of Everybody Loves Raymond. Then I brush my teeth and go to sleep.

It's a terrible habit, and certainly to blame for my ever-widening hips and fattening belly. I know this. And yet...the Oreos are there, and I love them. (But only with milk.)

This morning I was busted. Gavin and Lexi raided the stash. It's really amazing that they haven't discovered it before now. They probably ate two-thirds of the package -- I had only finished one row of cookies!



After I laughed, I thought, "Better their hips than mine!" I let them each keep the two fistfuls of cookies they hadn't consumed.
I didn't offer them milk.


Someone looks more guilty than the other. I promise I fixed Lexi's hair later...

Is this the first step of repentance?

5 comments:

angiedunn said...

bwhahahahahahahahahaha.

gavin's guilt is PRICELESS!!!

my middle name{s?} is guilty pleasure, so i hear ya on this one.

Cheeri said...

You are a nice mom. I keep my stash in my undie drawer, my kids all know where it is. If I catch them sneaking something they're busted. This momma doesn't like to share.

The Wizzle said...

Hee hee! This is actually a great idea. Why haven't I thought of it?

I'm pretty sure you saw me plow through most of a package of Oreos when I stayed with you! I can put those things away, because they are the root of all deliciousness - but only with milk.

granny said...

Definitely a must have milk treat. Sorry they found your stash. Try a broccoli bag in the freezer. :) Nobody will get into it. I had a friend who kept her chocolate chips in broccoli bags so they wouldn't be gone when she needed them. :)

Melanie said...

Hang them in a plastic grocery bag on a hanger in your closet. They will never be discovered!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share