Pages

Sep 22, 2010

He's a bear

Last night, Zachary was thrilled to advance in rank at his Cub Scout pack meeting. He earned his Wolf badge after almost a year of hard work. I haven't been a terrific scout mom (my efforts are sporadic at best), but we reached this milestone together, a month before his ninth birthday, so I think we're doing OK.



At the pack meeting, which had a jungle theme, Zachary got his awards and a painted face.


Then we went to Baskin Robbins (Zach's choice) for ice cream to celebrate. Since it was just the two of us, I tried to engage Zach in conversation. I wanted to hear about school and football and scouts and his life. Zach offered one-word answers and a rosy view of the world, which hasn't really been our reality at home. Despite my confusion, I was glad for a happy evening with a happy boy.

Love you, Zach.

9 comments:

Johnson Family said...

how wonderful!!! He looks like one happy scout!!! Congradulations Zach!

Shaina said...

Good for Zach!
I don't claim to be a great Scout mom either, but somehow, with wonderful scout leaders, they earn everything they need to, to advance.

The Wizzle said...

Congratulations! He looks thrilled. I'm almost positive I would be a negligent-at-best Scout mom, but seeing as it's my calling now I might have to attempt to put forth a respectable showing. I'm sure you're doing great.

granny said...

Good job, both of you!

granny said...

Good job, both of you!

Colleen said...

A month before his birthday...that's definitely above the bar! Nice work, Zach. And since I know that it's 95% parent encouragement and persistence, NICE work, Mom!

Grandma said...

I'm proud of you both for achieving this award. Zach looks happy. It's also very fun to go on a date.

Anonymous said...

You must be proud! I am the Wolf Den Leader in my ward...I am really learning to LOVE Scouts! We have pack meeting tonight, too...

Melanie said...

Dang, I'm lonesome for all of you!!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share