Pages

Apr 5, 2009

Words to remember

I had a lot on my mind this weekend as I sat down to watch LDS General Conference. Eight hours of inspired messages from the leaders of our church were good for my soul, even if my children were bouncing off the walls and I struggled to contain the madness from the couch. I scribbled a few paraphrased passages that particularly stuck out.

Testimony is knowing; conversion is doing.

One way to say, "I love you" is to say, "We can't afford that."

Covenants strengthen faith and give hope during dark times.

You are never lost when you can see the temple.

There is a difference between faithful, tithe-paying members
who occasionally rush through a session
and those who regularly worship in the temple.


We don't acquire eternal life at a sprint; this is a race of endurance.

The more we fill our minds with the messages of the risen Christ,
the more we will desire to follow Him.


Discipleship is not a spectator sport. Ours is not a secondhand religion.

I look forward to the May issue of the Ensign magazine so I can review all of these wonderful messages in print.

3 comments:

granny said...

Your favorites were the same as mine! Thanks for sharing!

Lars said...

I'm so glad you took notes. I loved listening to all 8 hours, but my recall is so short. I am really looking forward to the Ensign as well.

Bethany said...

Thanks!! I've always been an avid note-taker during conference but have all but given up as I'm up and down with the baby. :) You captured some of my favorites!!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share