Pages

Apr 20, 2009

Today

Some days my challenges seem unbearably hard, depressing, impossible. I get bogged down and feel fuzzy and can't figure out what I'm doing or where I'm supposed to be going. Nothing makes sense and I lose sight of the goal. I feel very alone. But then, just when I think I can't possibly handle another step on my life journey, a more experienced guide takes my hand or a piece of the road map falls into my path or a kind traveler offers to carry one of my bags.


Today, after a season of wandering, I feel like I've found my road again. Today I feel less confused. Today the goals seem more clear, the destination less obscure. Today my boots fit, my walking stick is ready, my burden is lighter, and I actually want to keep moving.

Today I'm grateful for the messages of hope and direction that have so recently floated into my ears, through my mind, and across my email inbox. I'm grateful for the many, many hands that are blessing my family in practical, tangible ways. I'm also grateful for the intangible -- yet so very palpable -- prayers and hopes on our behalf from those less close to our abode. I'm grateful for the compassionate people in my world that have helped me walk away from responsibility in so many areas of my life without guilt. I'm grateful for the profound feeling of peace that has settled over me, helped me find my center, and encouraged me to be a better version of myself than I've been for a while.

Today I'm actually looking forward...to tomorrow.
It feels good.

photo courtesy rubymountains.net

7 comments:

Grandma said...

Good to feel that way. I have those days too. Hang in there. Baby isn't far away and we'll all be happy when that day arrives. Keep smiling.

joeyship said...

I travel that road myself at times. It's so good to have good friends and family to buoy you up. And sometimes answers come from the most unexpected and surprising places. And sometimes they have been hiding inside all along...........

I love you Heido!

granny said...

Good for you. Love you, kiddo.

girlygirl said...

What you have said is so true. I can't tell you how often I feel exactly like this. I'm glad you are feeling more at peace and centered. And thank you for sharing so much - it has helped me often to know someone else shares similar struggles!

Trinette McCrary said...

Thanks for sharing. I am glad you are feeling better. Can you send some of that peace my way?

Colleen said...

Oh, Heidi! I am so sorry it has been such a hard road for you recently, but so glad you are starting to feel like the path is clearing and the end, of this twisty, foggy, pot-holed road at least, is ahead!

The Wizzle said...

Glad to hear it. I hope it sticks around!

pass it on!

Bookmark and Share